7.25.2019

Morning book lovers!

OK, so yesterday, I mentioned I had read a couple of books, so here they are...

Spill Zone (Spill Zone, #1)

This is a graphic novel and not something I would typically read honestly. I'm trying to expand my horizons both by reading more graphic novels and with topic content that I might not normally read. I didn't know a lot about this other than it came recommended to me. I have to admit that it was pretty darn good! I felt like I had more and more questions as the book went on and then, at the end, I was left hanging! Ahhhhh... now I have to try and get the second book. I just saw there is another book in the series that actually takes place before the first book that will fill in more background I guess. Looks like maybe that one is only available online though. I will say this is more in the YOUNG ADULT category though for reading!

The Undefeated

This is the other book I read and it was AMAZING! It's actually a poem written by Kwame Alexander and then combined with amazing illustrations by Kadir Nelson. There is a lot of additional information in the back of the book as well to fill in some of what readers may not know about people in the book. So powerful. Highly recommend!

Happy Reading,
Mrs. Heidrich