7.20.2019

Two more books read!

Saving Winslow

This is a really sweet story of a boy and a donkey named Winslow. I'm not going to give too much detail about the story, but it was a fairly quick and easy read and had a lot of "feels". Honestly, I tend to like my stories with a bit of grit, for a lack of a better word, but this isn't that type of story. I know a ton of students who will fall in love with this one! Can't wait to share it in the new year!

One Speck of Truth

The second book I just finished is a middle grade reader called "One Speck of Truth" be Caela Carter. She also wrote "" which some of you may have read. This is about a girl going into Grade 6 that lives with her mum and was told her Dad passed away when she was very young, so she has no memories of him. It's a story of friendship, growth, truth, love and its complications on many levels, family, and figuring out who you are. I really enjoyed this one and it has more of the "grit" factor that I personally like. I also felt like there was a bit of a mystery throughout, but I won't say any more about that... a great read!

Happy Reading,
Mrs. Heidrich